County Board Chairman Paddy Joe Ryan has said he is bitterly disappointed that the footballers will miss out on the provincial series due to the commitments of dual clubs.
The CCC are aiming to run-off the senior hurling championship over the next six weeks before the football recommences.
“I’m devastated for the non-dual clubs,” he said, “We’ve had a great championship this year so far, and now it looks like it’ll be held up for a number of weeks.”
Club delegates also voted unanimously to retain the current format for the All Ireland hurling championship.
A special Congress is due to be held on September 30 to look at new proposals for both provincial championships.
Paddy Joe Ryan said he’s strongly in favour of the status quo.