Award winning radio stations WLR and Beat 102-103 are looking for a new ‘Head of IT & Broadcast services’. The position will be based at our purpose built Broadcast Centre, located in Waterford city. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual with exceptional technical ability to lead in a Senior hands-on IT role in radio!
- Work directly with staff in quality, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems.
- Installing, configuring, and supporting all types of hardware and software.
- The administration of multiple Windows-based servers, some of which run in a virtual environment.
- The administration of a multi-vendor, multi-site network environment.
- Supporting, and maintaining the studio infrastructure.
- Managing building services for The Broadcast Centre.
- Supporting and maintaining the broadcast transmission network (with a team of contractors). Providing support for scheduled Outside Broadcasts.
- Managing ongoing projects with third party vendors/contractors. Negotiating contracts/SLAs with suppliers.
- Supporting mission-critical systems in a 24/7/365 environment.
- Networking: understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols including switching technologies, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting and Address Management, firewalling and load balancers.
- Experience with network components such as routers, switches, firewalls, etc. Virtual networking components, BGP & OSPF protocol and storage.
- FortiGate network hardwork administration.
- Windows Server Administration
- MCSA or relevant experience with Active Directory, DHCP and DNS.
- CCNA or equivalent certification and/or related work experience.
- Virtualised environments experience, preferably VMware ESXi.
- Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management.
- Be experienced in broadcast or live venue setting.
- BS.c in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
- Ability to work independently, negotiate obstacles and figure out solutions.
- Be able to plan, coordinate and prioritise analysis.
- Excellent communication skills including written and verbal English skills to accurately record and communicate analyses results.
- Self-motivated and proactive with ability to manage own workload effectively.
- Must be able to work according to timelines and achieve project deadlines.
- You hold a current safe-pass.
- Full, clean Irish drivers license.