The HSE’s South East Crisis Management Team has issued an update on services in Waterford and across the region. They will issue a further update tomorrow morning.
We will continue to closely monitor the weather situation in the days ahead, and further updates will be issued. Please visit https://t.co/i1zvfid5U4 for updates. For general advice on staying safe in adverse weather visit https://t.co/14ttlNu8O6 #weatherwarning pic.twitter.com/Xj00nWV3Ul
— HSE Ireland (@HSELive) February 28, 2018
University Hospital Waterford (UHW) including Kilkcreene Orthopaedic Hospital, Kilkenny.
Due to the challenging weather conditions predicted for Waterford and South East area over the coming days and in the interest of patient safety, University Hospital Waterford (UHW) has put the following actions in place :
· All non-urgent activity including Outpatient Clinics and elective surgery is being cancelled for today, tomorrow and Friday. Patients deferred will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
· All emergency and urgent services will continue to be delivered.
Around 50 elective procedures and 200 outpatient appointments have been deferred at University Hospital Waterford because of the weather.
Arrangements will be reviewed on Friday 2nd March. The switchboard phone number for UHW is (051) 848 000.
Primary Care (including Community Care) services in the South East:
All Therapy appointments for Thursday and Friday in counties Carlow, Kilkenny, South Tipperary, Waterford and Wexford have been cancelled
Community Specialist Palliative Care services, Community Intervention Teams and GP out of hours service (Caredoc) operating as normal
Substance Misuse Clinics have been cancelled for Thursday & Friday. All service users have been informed. Scripts have been sent to pharmacies by registered post and fax if necessary. Information on overdose and safe storage of methadone has been provided. Naloxone has been provided to service users yesterday and today who have not been given it previously.
Social Care (including Elderly care and disability services) services in the South East:
HSE disability day services in counties Carlow, Kilkenny, South Tipperary, Waterford and Wexford are postponed on Thursday and Friday of this week.
HSE day services at community, district and elderly care hospitals in counties Carlow, Kilkenny, South Tipperary, Waterford and Wexford are postponed on Thursday and Friday of this week.
Mental Health services in the South East:
Outpatient clinics in counties Carlow, Kilkenny, South Tipperary, Waterford and Wexford are postponed on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week and will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
Appointments at day hospitals in counties Carlow, Kilkenny, South Tipperary, Waterford and Wexford are postponed on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of this week but will remain open to non scheduled/emergency presentation.
The Departments of Psychiatry (acute mental health units) at University Hospital Waterford and at St Luke’s Hospital in Kilkenny are operating as normal.
We would like to remind the public that in the Carlow, Kilkenny, South Tipperary, Waterford and Wexford areas, individuals can access health service, as follows:
• through their GP and/or CAREDOC, the GP Out of Hours services – tel. (1850) 334 999;
• via the Emergency Department 24 hours a day at University Hospital Waterford, Wexford General Hospital, St. Luke’s General Hospital in Kilkenny and South Tipperary General Hospital in Clonmel.
UPMC Whitfield Cancer Centre, Waterford wishes to advise that following an update from Met Eireann, a decision has been made to treat a limited number of patients tomorrow (Thursday, March 1st) between the hours of 10am and 1pm.
All patients that were scheduled for radiotherapy treatment on Thursday, March 1st and Friday, March 2nd are being contacted this afternoon with a new appointment time.
Please contact 051 337444 if you require any further information.
Due to the challenging weather conditions forecast for Waterford and the South East over the coming days and in the interest of patient and staff safety, Whitfield Hospital, Waterford has put the following actions in place.
All surgical procedures, consultant clinics and radiology appointments are cancelled from Wednesday through to Sunday March 4th.
For any urgent inquiries, please call the Whitfield Hospital administration team on 051 359777.
South/South West Hospital Group:
28th February 2018: South / South West Hospital Group can confirm that in order to minimise unnecessary travel risks for patients, all elective and outpatient appointments have been cancelled for Thursday, 1st March, and Friday, 2nd March 2018 in the following hospitals: Cork University Hospital; University Hospital Waterford; University Hospital Kerry; Mercy University Hospital; South Tipperary General Hospital;South Infirmary Victoria University Hospital; Bantry General Hospital; Mallow General Hospital; and Lourdes Orthopaedic Hospital Kilcreene.
Please note the following:
· The Emergency Department will operate as normal. Priority will be given to the most urgent cases. The National Ambulance Service will also operate as usual.
· Cancer Services will continue as normal.
· Elective/Scheduled/planned procedures: Patients who were scheduled to have a planned procedure on either Thursday,1st March, or Friday, 2nd March 2018 are advised that procedures have been cancelled. Again, patients do not need to attend or contact the hospital and their appointments will be rescheduled as soon as possible.
· Maternity: In the interests of safety for mothers and babies, maternity patients are being assessed and will be contacted on an individual basis regarding their care and follow up.