Every evening at 6 O Clock WLR brings you the 6 biggest stories of the day
1. Hospitality sector meets government to discuss re-opening
2. Pharmacies begin delivering jabs to 18-34 year olds
The national vaccination effort ramps up today with around 750 pharmacies – 23 in Waterford – providing coronavirus jabs to people aged 18 to 34. They will be getting the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine which provides full protection against Covid-19 after just one shot. County Waterford-based pharmacist Niall Mulligan told Damien Tiernan on Deise Today that they have been inundated with people trying to secure an appointment. Listen back here.
3. Gardaí appeal for help in tracing boy (16) missing from Tramore
Gardaí are seeking the public’s assistance in tracing the whereabouts of 16 year old Jody Burns, who is missing from Tramore, Co. Waterford since the 27th June 2021. Jody is described as being 5’ 10” in height, of average build with blue eyes and sandy brown hair.
4. Woman in hospital following suspected aggravated burglary in Tramore
A man has been arrested following a suspected aggravated burglary in Tramore. The incident occurred in the early hours of Sunday morning. One woman who sustained injuries is currently being treated in hospital. Her injuries are understood to be non-life-threatening.
5. Ireland's Iain Henderson to captain the Lions in clash with the Sharks
6. Facebook CEO releases bizarre video for July 4th
Yesterday, July 4th, was Independence Day in the US and Americans take the celebrations very seriously. None as much as Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg who has released a video of himself surfing on a hydrofoil surfboard, carrying a large American flag, to the music of John Denver. Of course people have had a field day with the video of the multi billionaire, which was released on Instagram, which he owns. Watch below.