Jim Quinn (Dungarvan) Limited is established over 40 years and is a leading family-owned agri-merchant supplying a comprehensive range of inputs to the farming communities throughout Co. Waterford/east Cork/south Tipperary. Excellent customer service and a quality focus are the cornerstones of this business. With an eye to the future, the Managing Director has decided to appoint a Commercial Manager.
If you believe your skill set and experience meet the needs of this exciting career development opportunity to manage and lead Jim Quinn (Dungarvan) Limited, please apply. This hands-on position is located in Dungarvan.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Report directly to the Managing Director
- Provide first-class customer service to our valued customers
- Drive the long-term development and sustainable growth of the business
- Manage and empower all personnel
- Manage and motivate the technical sales team
- Focus on cost control, stock control and on daily operational and commercial duties
- Manage product pricing and promotion policies
- Monitor and achieve sales, cash collection and profitability targets
- Provide technical advice/services to our existing customers and to potential new customers
- Manage supplier relationships and procurement of farm inputs and requisites
- Keep abreast of changes in farm practices and new technologies
Experience & Key Skills Required:
- Possess the drive, enthusiasm and energy to manage, and to lead, this Business
- Most importantly have relevant, solid work experience
- Ideally educated to degree level in an agricultural or business discipline
- A proven track record selling direct to farmers and/or to the agri-trade
- At least 8 years working in a senior sales and/or business development role
- Already be working in management and looking to step up into a more senior role
- Or possess the desire and the required skill set to enter management
- Proficient IT skills; excellent communication and negotiation skills
- In-depth understanding of farming; and an early identifier of new opportunities
- Target and outcome driven
A competitive remuneration package is on offer reflecting experience and ability.
If you would like more information, a detailed job description, or to discuss this further in total confidence please email [email protected] giving your name and contact number.
Please email your cv and cover letter, demonstrating by way of examples, how you meet the requirements for this senior management position to [email protected].
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 21st October.