WLR is currently recruiting a Radio Presenter for a prime-time programme.
Reporting to the Programme Director, the successful candidate will play a key role in WLR’s programming schedule and multi-platform offering.
The successful candidate will need to hit the ground running and have a strong work ethic and be a good team player.
You will be responsible for creating and delivering engaging and entertaining content to our listeners and followers. You will work with the programming team to produce shows that are local, informative, and entertaining, ensuring listeners are engaged throughout the broadcast.
- Present a daily radio show that is local, fun, informative, educational, and entertaining for Waterford listeners.
- Create and deliver engaging and entertaining content, including music, features, news and sport updates.
- Interact with the listeners through social media and other platforms to build engagement and increase the radio's listenership.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to come up with new and innovative ideas for programming and promotions.
- Previous experience in a radio presenting role is essential.
- They will be passionate about creativity and innovation.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, with the ability to engage and entertain a diverse audience.
- Strong knowledge of Waterford and a passion for radio.
- Experience using playout programmes.
- Experience using social channels and mojo content.
- Strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Understanding of broadcasting regulations and other legal and ethical standards.
If you would like to join WLR and come and live and work in Waterford, Ireland’s best place to live, email a demo, CV and cover email to [email protected].
When submitting your demo, please showcase your presenting skills along with some Waterford content.
Please also send some social media examples.
Closing Date: Friday, April 14th, 2023.
WLR is part of The Irish Times Group which is an equal-opportunity employer.
Check out WLRFM.com/jobs for more Jobs In Waterford.