Mick Flannery and Susan O'Neill have been shortlisted for this year's RTÉ Choice Music Prize Irish Album of the Year 2021 for In the Game.
Susan, a native of Clare, based herself in Waterford for a number of years and has been a huge part of the music scene locally. Songs from her album with Mick Flannery have featured heavily on WLR's playlist in the past year.
Mick and Susan played at Theatre Royal Waterford in the run up to Christmas, performing songs from In the Game.
The full shortlist for this year's Choice Music Prize Irish Album of the Year 2021, in association with IMRO & IRMA is as follows:
- Bicep – Isles (Ninja Tune)
- Mick Flannery & Susan O'Neill - In the Game (Rosaleen Records / Rosa Productions)
- For Those I Love - For Those I Love (September Recordings)
- Orla Gartland - Woman on the Internet (New Friends Music)
- HousePlants - Dry Goods (Bone China Records)
- Kojaque - Town’s Dead (Soft Boy Records)
- Elaine Mai – Home (Elaine Mai)
- Saint Sister - Where I Should End (Saint Sister)
- Soda Blonde - Small Talk (Velveteen Records)
- Villagers - Fever Dreams (Domino)
Commenting, Adam Fogarty, Head of Music, RTÉ 2FM, said"The sheer quality of this year's RTÉ Choice Music Prize shortlist highlights the incredible standards now being reached routinely by musicians and artists in Ireland across a range of genres. While it has been an extremely challenging year for the music industry, so many Irish artists, not just those who have made the shortlist, have used this time, much of it in the absence of live shows, to produce some incredible music."
The Irish Album of the Year 2021 will be announced live from Vicar St on Thursday 3rd March.