Good Food Ireland announced the finalists for its highly-regarded awards, with 5 businesses from County Waterford making the shortlist.
The winners are due to be revealed at a high-profile business lunch taking place on Monday 17th April at The K Club, County Kildare.
The awards will be opened by guest of honour, Simon Coveney T.D., Minister for Enterprise, Trade, and Employment, and attended by some 300 guests including business owners, Irish and international chefs, buyers, food and drink writers, media and industry leaders.
Featuring across 5 different categories, the County Waterford businesses who made the shortlist are:
- Café Of The Year – GROW HQ / Barrons Bakery & Coffee House
- Sustainability Award – GROW HQ
- Producer Of The Year (Fruit & Vegetables) – O'Shea Farms
- Producer Of The Year (Bakery & Chocolate) – Walshe's Bakehouse
- Producer Of The Year (Dairy) – Freezin’ Friesian
The public also has the opportunity to cast their votes for their favorite places across the island of Ireland in the Food Lovers Choice Award. The shortlist will be drawn from the finalists in all other categories. Online voting will commence on Tuesday 7th March and remain open until Monday 20th March.
For your latest Waterford News and Sport, click here.