Morris's DIY is currently seeking a General Operative to join its team.
Area of Responsibility: The Yard
Reports to: Yard Manager
This challenging role will require the successful candidates to build effective working relationships with customers, to identify sales opportunities, and achieve both sales and margin targets. You will also be responsible for ensuring relevant departments are adequately stocked at all times while achieving the highest level of customer service. This job is a full-time permanent contract and will entail working 39 hours per week including weekends.
General Operative Responsibilities:
• Offering help and advice to customers
• Replenishing stock when needed
• Checking and receiving of orders
• Keeping your trade yard area clean at all times
• Keeping up to date with new products and product knowledge
• You will be required to be flexible in this position and must be prepared to undertake such other work as may be assigned to you by the company from time to time.
• Your role will be customer facing and you will need to have excellent communication skills.
• Highly motivated with a passion for the hardware industry.
• A proven ability to be able to organise your time in a busy work environment.
• You will possess and radiate a high degree of energy and can work towards goals
• You will deal with customers with a friendly and polite attitude and you will show a commitment to excellence in product knowledge.
If you have the desired experience and skills and would like to apply for this position, please send your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected] or send your CV to the Recruitment Manager, Morris Builders Providers, The Manor, Cork Road, Waterford.