Waterford Community Training Centre CLG. is seeking a Woodwork Instructor for a Full-Time Permanent Position (35 hours per week).
WYTEC provides educational and vocational training programmes and services to early school leavers aged 16-21 years. The courses are designed to support learners to develop key life and work skills and to achieve relevant certification necessary for progression into employment, further education, or training.
The Board of WYTEC CTC invites applications for the position of:
Woodwork Instructor Full-Time Permanent Position (35 hours per week).
Applicants should possess:
• A recognised diploma/trade qualification in Carpentry area or similar
• At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar field
• Experience working with young people aged 16 – 21 years
• A learner-centred and flexible approach to training and meeting learner needs
• Good Information Technology Skills
• Excellent communication and teamwork Skills
• An awareness of QQI Level 3 & 4 related modules and the National Framework of Qualifications
Applicants ideally should have experience of delivering QQI Level 3 & 4 training modules in the following subjects: Woodcraft, Construction Studies, Health & Safety Awareness, and Technical Drawing.
Duties will include:
• To deliver training in modules which lead to the QQI Level 3 & 4
• Assessment and monitoring of learner course work in the relevant skills area to QQI Level 3 & 4
• Assisting with the planning, development and implementation of CTC programmes and services within a Quality Assurance framework and other duties as appropriate
• To provide a Keyworker support service to learners
• Supervision of learners
This is a full-time permanent position. The salary scale associated with the post is €31,652 to €56,473 pro rata with maximum entry points applicable.
WYTEC CTC offers an excellent package including, a contributory pension scheme, leave and training and development opportunities for the successful candidate. A job description is available on request – Please phone 051 873358.
Applications to include a covering letter with CV should be returned to the Manager, WYTEC, Ballinaneashagh, Cork Road, Waterford. X91 NF79 by post, or by email to [email protected].
Closing date: 20/01/2023. Late applications will not be considered and shortlisting may apply. Canvassing will disqualify.
WYTEC Community Training Centre is an equal opportunities employer.