A celebration of the life of Vicky Phelan is to take place in Mooncoin today.
The family of the late Cervical Check campaigner have invited members of the public to the parish church.
They wanted to give those who love and look up to Vicky a chance to pay their respects.
Before her passing, Vicky expressed that she hoped that anyone who wanted to could join her family in a celebration of her life.
The ceremony will begin at 1pm with a livestream available for anyone who cannot attend - the link for which is at the end of this article.
For those attending, Gardaí have issued the following information:
The Church is located on the N24 at the Carrick-on-Suir side of Mooncoin village and can be easily accessed by foot or road. The Church itself has a capacity of 300 (maximum). Thereafter, attending patrons will be diverted to the nearby GAA complex where big screens will be live screening the event. Park and ride will also be encouraged.
There will be no restrictions to traffic travelling through the village, albeit there will be a strict no parking policy on the Main Road and throughout the village itself. Cars parked illegally will be towed away.
Access to Event:
- Traffic approaching from Dublin/Waterford direction will be diverted at Dawn Meats Grannagh toward parking areas within the factory grounds. A park and ride facility will be provided at this location.
- Traffic approaching from the Limerick/Clonmel direction will be diverted at the Tower Road junction from the Piltown Bypass towards parking area at Piltown GAA Grounds. A park and ride facility will be provided at this location.
- Patrons who chose to park in Mooncoin village will be directed towards available parking in:
- a) Martin Howley’s Field on Main Street
- b) Mooncoin GAA Complex and
- c) Mooncoin Celtic Club Grounds at Suir Crescent.
Park and Ride
A park-and-ride facility will be in place from 11am to bring patrons from locations at Dawn Meats and Piltown GAA grounds to the Church of the Assumption and Mooncoin GAA complex.
Buses will drop patrons at bus stops located at the front of the Church on the main road. Patrons will be directed to their destination on arrival.
Buses will be on a circular route and collecting passengers every ten (10) minutes
Disabled parking is available at the Graveyard, Polerone Rd, which is adjacent to the church.
Patrons are asked to cooperate with Gardaí/ Stewards, drive safely and exercise patience. Car pool where possible.
A link to the livestream can be found here.
For Waterford news and sport, click here.