A gas leak has been reported in Waterford City. WLR was informed of the leak in the last few minutes at the entrance to the Cleaboy Business Park. WLR also contacted Gas Networks Ireland to raise the issue where the following advice was given.
- Ensure gas appliances are turned off and have not been left on and unlit
- Don’t smoke, vape or use a naked flame
- Don’t unplug or switch anything electrical on or off
- Open windows and doors
- If the smell persists turn off the gas at the meter, see here
- Call our 24-hour Emergency Line on 1800 20 50 50 no matter who your gas supplier is.
- If you can’t get through, dial 999 / 112
- Don’t use a phone in the immediate area of the leak, use a neighbor’s or call from outside.
On the Street
- If you smell gas on the street, call 1800 20 50 50 immediately. Don't assume that someone else will.
If you experience any difficulty getting through to our 1800 numbers please use the following numbers:
If you smell gas call: 01 920 5050
For Customer Care call: 066 710 7334
It has been advised to avoid the Cleaboy Business Park for the next hour.
For your latest Waterford News and Sport, click here.