1. Your engine is so noisy, there’s no need to text your friends to say you’re outside.
They can hear you…
2. When you say ‘roll down the window’, you actually mean roll down the window.
Electric windows just weren’t standard in a ’98 Micra.
3. You feel like a hipster ’cause you own a cassette player… the one in your car radio
Except you don’t own any cassettes, so you’re constantly streaming your Spotify playlists and using up all of your data.
4. Defogging your car every time you get in
Allow 5 minutes at the start of every journey before you’re able to see out the windscreen.
5. Central Locking? Dream on…
And 18 years of opening the car door and starting the ignition with the same key takes its toll. Now it’s crooked and sometimes doesn’t work.
6. Never leave home without your jump leads!
New cars tell you when you’ve left your lights on; not a ’98 Micra! You’ll need those jump leads so you don’t end up like this lad!
7. The seal from your back window eventually falls off.
So your back seats get a good soaking every time there’s a bit of rain. Have a towel, rug or plastic sheet at hand so your friends don’t end up with an embarrassing wet patch.
8. The annual NCT
Anxiously waiting in the NCT centre as you watch your banger getting a thorough inspection. It becomes all too familiar.
‘The reasons your car failed are highlighted in pink’.
9. Old school seat belts
Your passengers take their lives into their own hands when travelling with you and your across-the-waist seat belts.
10. A cup holder – the most under-appreciated advantage of owning a new car. No drank coffee in their car in ’98 apparently. So you either spill everything and burn yourself, or get resourceful!
It’s time to upgrade!
Why not pop into Sheridan Motors for a test-drive?!
*Terms and conditions apply see individual carlines for full offer details, terms and conditions.
†T’s & C’s apply (2 years base warranty 3 years extended warranty) ** At participating Ford Dealers only.